Welcome to the Southern Yavapai County Search and Rescue Team
We are a dedicated group of volunteers who provide service to beautiful and rugged Yavapai County. We cover many Search and Rescue functions, including ground-pounding (on-foot tracking), quads, 4x4s, radio communications, and more. Some of our duties include:
- Search for missing people.
- Search for other missing things.
- Set up and run road blocks (generally for fires).
- Alert people for Fire Evacuation.
- Evacuate people during fires.
- Work as communications and traffic control for events such as: Gold Rush Days, the Yarnell Hill fire in June 2013, trail rides, etc.
- Provide back up security at various events or situations.
- Work as ground support for Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office (YCSO) Air Group.
- “Mine Shaft Investigation and Photographing”
We are a 100% volunteer organization whose members provide their own equipment. We welcome new volunteers, as well as donations to help support these activities.
Local men and women who are willing to provide a valuable service to the community
Based in the Wickenburg area, the Southern Yavapai County Search and Rescue Team (SYCSRT), is looking for new members.
Interested individuals will have an opportunity to receive hands-on experience in skills such as:
- Map reading and GPS use
- Rough country ATV and 4×4 training
- Radio communications
- CPR and emergency first aid
Training takes place in locations from in-town to some of the most picturesque, and virtually unknown, places in the back-country of Yavapai County.
Volunteers develop the confidence to find that unwary soul who is injured, lost or just broken down; with little hope of getting out on his own. Duties are varied and include everything from foot, quad and 4×4 searches to organizational and communications activities right at base camp.
Basic equipment and supplies are available to prospective members. Volunteers’ expenses are tax deductible, with some costs reimbursed by the county.
Full and part-time residents with an AZ drivers license are encouraged to apply. Volunteers need not live in Yavapai County, only nearby. Many volunteers for the Southern Unit come from the Wickenburg community and as far north as Yarnell and Wilhoit.
SYCSRT activities rely 100% on donations and volunteers.
For more information, contact us at:
Southern Yavapai County Search And Rescue
9285 S. Donegal Dr..
Wilhoit, Az. 86332
Thank you for supporting your local Search and Rescue team!!!